Friday, May 23, 2008

Sky Watch Friday


Visit Mr. Old Wom Tigley to join us in sky watch Friday





The top picture I took this morning shortly after 7am the sky was amazing.
The bottom picture is from yesterday after the rain we finely received, I got this idea from sky watch bloggers. I'm still experimenting.

It look likes we will see more rain today and perhaps some storms(fingers crossed)
I'm am off today so I can do a little chasing if the situation arises. This is what NOAA has to say: THUNDERSTORM IMPACT...
AMPLE MOISTURE CONTINUES TODAY AS A STALLED FRONTAL BOUNDARY LIES
NORTH OF THE STATE. UPPER LEVEL ENERGY IS EXPECTED TO MOVE ACROSS
NORTH FLORIDA...COMBINING WITH THE MOISTURE AND THE FRONT TO
SPARK OFF NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND SCATTERED STORMS...MAINLY OVER THE
NATURE COAST COUNTIES. ADDITIONAL STORMS ARE POSSIBLE OVER CENTRAL
FLORIDA...WITH THE BEST CHANCES OVER THE INTERIOR THIS AFTERNOON.

WITH TODAY`S STORMS...EXPECT BRIEF GUSTY WINDS...POSSIBLY UP TO 40
TO 50 MPH IN THE STRONGER STORMS IN THE NATURE COAST...FREQUENT
CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING...AS WELL AS HEAVY RAINS.


I took this last picture for a friend Ms. Chickadew this one is for you. I never had a flower turn out so well in a photograph.

Happy Friday everyone!!! Have a great weekend!
Jess
CloudStalker

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic reflected photo!

TR Ryan said...

I love the different layers and textures in the cloud photo - fantastic!

me ann my camera said...

Jess, there is such colour and drama in the first photo. Very beautiful. We have storm clouds hovering also today.Very nice. Thanks for dropping by mine.

Tom said...

Hi CloudStalker and welcome back... Loved the clouds and the palm reflections..

SandyCarlson said...

It's a lovely experiment!

Anonymous said...

georgeous shots!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jess: Very nicely done, no problem learning from others ideas. Hope the storms pass before Monday.

Daniel J Santos said...

fantastic reflection, well done.

Pernille said...

Wonderful shots and reflection!

Have a nice weekend:)

Marie said...

Great series!

Kay said...

Very beautiful photos! The reflection is wonderful.

FO - 2 said...

Very good - both of them. :)
I like the different colours and layers in the clouds.
Have a nice weekend! :)

chrome3d said...

There is something sinister and black on the right side of the cloud pic. I bet it´s something that you like!

Dewdrop said...

Awesome shot, Jess!

mercè said...

Really fantastics shots!
It was very, very beautiful.
I love the reflections of the palm!!

Debbie said...

Jess, so many SWF's I didn't get to them all! I love the cloud picture! Every time I look up, I see to see the same clouds lately!

Beautiful :)