Saturday, January 19, 2008

Just what the doctor ordered

NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) — The National Weather Service says tornadoes touched down in two locations along the west coast of Florida on Saturday, causing some damage but no injuries. Meteorologist Mike Cantin says a tornado touched down at 5:26 p.m. in New Port Richey. It felled some streets signs and trees. Cantin says there were no reports of injuries. The second tornado touched down in west Hernando County at 5:45 p.m. The extent of damage, if any, wasn't immediately known.
I didn't see a funnel but the sky was amazing, I so needed this! I wish I had a better camera to share my experience with you! The gust was strong I don't have an anemometer(Its on my wants list and after today it just got push up, right after a tripod.) Anyway the wind was crazy it seem to come from everywhere. My husband was getting nervous it was lightning and I'm in the middle of the driveway taping and after the last lightning jolt i agreed to come in my body was shaking to hard to hold the camera. That's why I need a tripod even with my crappy camera! I received 1.48 inches of rain I don't know if the video is gonna work on this, if not i will post tomorrow. We had a some wind damage my neighbor's dead kumquat tree snapped there were garbage cans flying everywhere and we received 1.48 inches of rain all all a nice cure for the wx blues.
Pardon my swears in the video i was a bit excited.




Jess.. :-)
Cloud Stalker

2 comments:

Dewdrop said...

Sorry you didn't catch the nader, but great coverage regardless. Next time, Meso Momma!!!

CloudStalker said...

Yes there is always next time!