Monday, December 3, 2007

wow what a great weekend


lets start with Saturday, Beautiful day high was about 80 with a nice cool breeze.
we headed to pinellas county, Honeymoon island. They have beautiful pine forest and osprey trail.

with lots of info on the way explaining what you might see.
I saw a bunch of osprey nest but no osprey.
I grew up in Dunedin and honeymoon island when i was a kid was called dog beach. The whole island was covered with pine tree's but now they have cleared most of them and have left only a few acres. I still remember all the hidden paths and showed boy one. He has been there many times before but it has been at last a year since are last visit so to him it was new all over again.
to me its like a hidden cove there is no place to stand when u get to the end so u have to peer out and enjoy the hidden treasure.
Magnificent!
I have a convertible so of course my top was down and cruising down the Dunedin causeway was a very nice treat. There is nothing like the smell of sea air!
yesterday i ha another special treat with the first of the clouds coming in with the cold front i was honored with a full rainbow.

Definitely a great way to end my weekend!

I don't have time to go into detail on the weather, today high is a chilly 66 low tonight in the higher forty's. You know Florida with each day the temps go up. I will post a more detail forecast later today. Have a great day !
Jess

3 comments:

Dewdrop said...

Look at that rainbow! What a treat! Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

66 for a low? I'll trade you! I won't see 66 around here for at last 3.5 months yet (for a high). Most mornings are -5 to -15 with the snowpack now.

Dewdrop said...

Bill, you sound like a snow bird in training. Come on down! The water (what little we have) is warm! lol