Thursday, September 13, 2007

while you were sleeping

Last night before i went to bed i was watching the radars, I was looking at Humberto.
I was thinking to myself well that sure does look like a hurricane to me at that point it was still A TS. I wish i would have saved that picture to share, because now waking it has been moved up to A hurricane with wind at 85mph. As Dew said first one in two years.
Right now I'm learning about the Bermuda high, interesting feature it is, as sits in the atlantic in the summer it placement is like a shield to hurricanes, i'm still in the learning progress but it appears to me the main reason why Florida has not seen its share of tropical systems in the last couple years.


Now what i don't understand the bottom picture is the high in the '04/'05 how did we get storms as it looks like the high is wrapped around the state.
Like I said I'm still learning anybody out there that can add to my knowledge would greatly be appreciated!
Anyway TD9 doesnt seem to fairing well with the wind shearing and i read on Jeff's blog that is forecasted for the wind shear to get stronger in a couple of pics i have u can plainly see..

well i'm off to work..bummer i'd much rather sit here and watch the radars... but gotta pay those pesty bills.
Ta ta for now.....Jess