Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Southern residents assess tornado damage

Southern residents assess tornado damage


In this round of storms, there were 67 eyewitness accounts of tornadoes but the number of twisters likely won't be that high because some probably saw the same funnel cloud, said Greg Carbin, the warning coordination meteorologist at the National Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Okla. He said a reasonable guess is that 30 to 40 tornadoes touched down.
Sadly 52 deaths have already been reported; you can read more about this event on DEWDROPS or BILL DOM'S Blog . I did not watch this event last night on radar, my husband even told me to watch but I just had too many distractions. My heart goes to all that lost family and friends and there homes. You are all in my prayers.

No comments: