Monday, February 11, 2008

Severe weather possible for Tuesday night


Saturday morning I awoke to overcast skies and the birds just singing away.
I set up a little personal space in my back screen in porch to observe the weather and just enjoy the singing.
The stationary front stalled just south of us and my hubby was telling me we were going to get some rain I tried telling him that the dryer air was already over us and the rain he was seeing in the gulf wouldn't reach us but I kept the radar on just in case I was wrong, which I wasn't.
Sunday the front finely moved on further south allowing the dry air mass to settled on in giving us beautiful blue skies for the day and temps rising to the mid seventies.
Just a beautiful day too sit under the tree and enjoy the breeze, listening too the kids play.
Today is a repeat of yesterday Beautiful skies nice breeze but there is talk of a possible severe weather event tomorrow night. HERE IS THE LATEST OUTLOOK FROM THE SPC...THOUGH DRY CONDITIONS CURRENTLY
EXIST ACROSS FL...MOISTURE ACROSS THE SRN GULF IS EXPECTED TO LIFT
NWD INTO THE REGION ON TUESDAY...AS SHORTWAVE TROUGH LIFTS FROM
THE GULF NEWD INTO THE REGION. GRADUALLY DESTABILIZING BOUNDARY
LAYER COMBINED WITH LIFT ASSOCIATED WITH APPROACHING SHORTWAVE
TROUGH SHOULD INCREASE THE POTENTIAL FOR SEVERE STORMS AND
POSSIBLE SUPERCELLS. WIND FIELDS MAY EVEN SUPPORT A POTENTIAL OF
ISOLATED TORNADOES...IN ADDITION TO THE RISK FOR LOCALIZED
DAMAGING WIND GUSTS. AS LARGE SCALE TROUGH APPROACHES TUESDAY
NIGHT...A LINE OF STORMS MAY REACH THE WRN FL PENINSULA LATE IN
THE PERIOD...WITH WIND DAMAGE EXPECTED TO BE THE MAIN THREAT.

I will be closely monitoring this possible weather event if the low doesn't hold out we will still get rain, which we need.
So keep an eye on the weather and keep your weather radios turned on Tuesday night It might be just some rain and wind but you never know When cold air meets warm and most air magical things can happen. That’s it for me for now.
Jess
Cloud Stalker

No comments: